Regional meeting of RIPE NCC in cooperation with CARNet
RIPE (Réseaux IP Européens) (http://www.ripe.net/), the international non-profit organisation whose members are European Internet service providers, in cooperation with CARNet as its local partner, organised the RIPE NCC Regional Meeting in Dubrovnik, from 6 to 9 September of this year.
This is the first regional meeting of the RIPE NCC in the region of South-East Europe, intended for network engineers and other technical experts. In addition to everyday practical workshops organised by leading experts, the meeting also offers the possibility of exchanging knowledge and experience and identifying fields of future regional cooperation.
The goals of this year's meeting were:
- stimulating cooperation of ISP-s in the region, with information exchange and discussion of subjects that are of interest to them
- support to regional RIPE NCC members/Local Internet Registries (LIRs)
- introducing the latest trends in the Internet industry and identifying, discussing and resolving specific issues concerning regional operators.
The meeting will be held in the Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik, and anyone interested can participate without paying a registration fee by registering free-of-charge before hand.
It is important to mention that two plenary presentations will be transmitted via the Internet:
- 8 September (Thursday) from 8:30 to 10:30 - Plenary: IPv6 Deployment: Experiences and Challenges
- 9 September (Friday) from 9:00 to 10:30 - Plenary: Internet Governance.
You can find more information about the programme and the entire event at the official meeting website: