The Fulbright program was founded in 1946, immediately after World War 2, by US Congress. It was named after Senator J. William Fulbright, who saw this program as a chance to advance international cooperation in the field of education and culture, as well as economics and politics. Moreover, it was the first program of international exchange in US education.
Since this program was founded, it has serviced over 96,000 Americans and 158,000 participants from other countries.
Click here to view Fulbright Alumni home page!