The GrowCERT project, implemented by CARNET for the purpose of capacity building in the National CERT and improving cooperation on the national and European level, is co-financed by the European Commission through the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF).
The purpose and general goal of this project is to improve the level of preparedness and response of critical Croatian national infrastructures and CARNET’s National CERT, a national computer emergency response infrastructure, with regard to cybernetic threats. A contribution to the strengthening of the Croatian national capacities for the collection, analysis and exchange of information on cybernetic incidents and threats to cybersecurity will be made by creating a platform for the collection of statistics and information on security incidents on the national and European level.
Along with developing and creating the platform, awareness raising and training of the employees of CARNET’s National CERT Department will be carried out, along with the procurement of higher-performance hardware, software and licences. This will lead to the development of additional services for improving reactions to cybernetic threats, including and a national SPAM list, a system for spreading information on detected vulnerabilities and a tool for detecting web defacement and other malicious content on the web. As a final outcome of the project software tools will be developed for the Core Service Platform (CSP), as cooperation mechanisms.
The project consists of six main activities:
- Project management
- Raising awareness about cybernetic threats and potential solutions for them
- Development of a platform for the collection of statistics and information on security incidents on the national and European level
- Raising of the overall Internet safety level (the purchase of hardware, software, licences, service and platform development)
- Employee capacity building in the field of computer security
- Communication and visibility
The total project value is 984.132,81 euro.
The project will be implemented from 01 July 2017 to 30 June 2019.