Edutorij is a repository of a digital educational content that enables the publication, access, storage and sharing of digital educational content created primarily by teachers and students of Croatian primary and secondary schools as well as by professionals from other educational institutions. In addition to this content, Edutorij also contains educational materials created on other CARNET systems and platforms.
Edutorij offers to users a wealth of opportunities to share knowledge and content, so all logged in users can:
- publish and share their own digital educational content
- search all available digital educational content in several ways: using a simple search engine, advanced search or through the structure of a valid curriculum
- access digital educational content and download it in accordance with the relevant license
- make own collections of materials and include them in collections of other users
- create interest communities and participate in their social activities
- communicate with other system users via messaging
- evaluate and comment on the content
- recommend digital educational content.
A part of the functionalities of Edutorij is available to users without login, so unlogged users can:
- search the repository
- get search results
- choose the material by choice and see its metadata
- download materials that are fully open and those that are in other systems and are available for download.
Edutorij provides several useful benefits only to teachers:
- professional assessment of the materials published by the colleagues concerned
- ask for evaluation of their materials from the colleagues in question
- setup of teacher preparation.
Various types of digital educational content are available in the Edutorij: manuals, textbooks, books, lectures, workbooks, collections of assignments, atlases, online courses, educational games, learning scenarios and lesson preparation, lectures and scripts, final and seminar papers, educational modules, brochures, journals and all other content related to education and teaching programs.
For easier and simpler searches, all the materials stored in Edutorij are described by metadata based on the Learning Object Metadata standard developed by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE Standards Association). It is a standard for describing learning objects and other similar resources used in learning and teaching, in order to facilitate their finding and to provide optimal interoperability.
How to Become a User
Users of Edutorij are primary teachers of Croatian primary and secondary schools but the system is intended for their students, staff of higher education institutions and public scientific institutes and others who have a valid electronic identity in the AAI@EduHr system.
The right to use Edutorij have citizens who are not necessarily members of the academic community but they must first register through the online registration form using their OIB identification number.