The “Grow2CERT – Increasing the maturity of the National CERT for stronger cooperation in the cybersecurity community” project is co-financed by the European Union through the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF).
The purpose of the project is to increase the readiness of the National CERT and the integration of additional components into the National Platform PiXi (Platform for collection, analysis and exchange of data on computer security threats and incidents) to enable interaction with MeliCERTes system as a mechanism for cooperation at EU level.
The implementation of the project will contribute to the alignment of the PiXi Platform with the Act on Cyber Security of Key Service Operators and Digital Service Providers transposing Directive 2016/1148 of the European Parliament and the Council of 6 July 2016 on measures for a high common level of network and information system security across the Union (so-called NIS Directive).
The harmonization will enable the involvement of key service operators and digital service providers in collection and exchange of information on computer security incidents and threats through the PiXi platform. The project also envisions continued National CERT activities that intend to raise awareness of the general public about cybersecurity and cyber hygiene through digital campaigns, posts on social networks and organisation of events dedicated to cybersecurity.
The project consists of eight main activities:
- Continuing the development of the National PiXi platform for collection, analysis, and exchange of data on computer security threats and incidents, and preparation for new interactions and use of MeliCERTes components
- Cybersecurity awareness-raising activities
- Raising the level of maturity of the National CERT according to the SIM3 model (Security Incident Management Maturity Model)
- Capacity building of the National CERT staff and other national bodies involved in the implementation of cyber security measures
- Organisation of a meeting of the European CERT / CSIRT “CSIRT Network” community during the presidency of the European Union and the said community
- Upgrading and raising the cyber security of critical CARNET infrastructure in the form of security devices and applications
- Project management
- Communication and visibility of the project.
The total value of the project is EUR 1.074.819,00.
The project implementation started on 1 November 2019 and implementation will continue to 31 October 2021.